Today I am sharing a tutorial for creating this Love card that is filled with vellum confetti! It's the perfect card for Valentine's Day, but could also be used any time of the year to let someone know that you love them!!
Tools Needed >> Silhouette Cameo, Love You Cut Files, Classic Confetti Craft Die, Vellum, Gold Vellum, Pink Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Page Protector, Glue Glider Pro Adhesive Gun, Manual (not electronic) die cut machine like a Sizzix, Sewing Machine or needle & thread to hand stitch
Next up are the steps for creating the card....
1. Use the Classic Confetti Craft Die and Vellum along with a die cut machine (like a Sizzix) to cut out the confetti. I can't tell you how AMAZING this confetti craft die is! I have loved confetti for a long time now but used to punch it out by hand using a small circle punch or a border punch. But even with the border punch, I could only get a small amount with each punch so it took forever! With this new craft die, you can easily create a LOT of confetti in a super short amount of time!! It is seriously worth its weight in gold if you use confetti in your crafting!!
2. Use the Silhouette Cameo and the Love You Cut Files to cut out the "Love You Always" card from some patterned paper. I increased the size of the cut file inside the Silhouette software to make it just smaller than my card base.
3. Line up the cut out piece with the edges of a Page Protector and cut it out to match the exact same size. I used the 6x8 page protector here because it is what I had on hand but you could use any extra page protector you have. It is important that you use a page protector so that you have two layers of the plastic behind your cut out piece.
4. Keeping the cut out piece lined up with the two pieces of plastic behind it, use a sewing machine to stitch around the right, bottom and left edges. This secures the plastic behind the cut out piece and also creates a pocket (with an opening along the top) at the same time.
5. Fill your pocket with the vellum confetti that you already cut out and stitch the pocket closed by sewing along the top edge with your sewing machine.
6. Use a strong adhesive like the Glue Glider Pro Adhesive Gun along the back of the pocket, being careful to only place the adhesive behind the paper where it won't show. Then adhere the pocket with confetti to your card base.
7. You can see in the final card below that I finished it off by adding a white resin heart to the center of the "O" in love.
>> SPECIAL OFFER <<
I have an exclusive offer for my blog readers this week that I am super excited to share with you!!
Use the code MAGGIE14 to receive $20 off the Silhouette Cameo Bundle!!
I use the Silhouette on sooo many of my projects and really feel like it is an invaluable tool!! And because I love it so much I wanted to share the love with all of you by offering you this discount!
I will have another post up tomorrow to show you some more fun ways to use the Silhouette!
Discount code expires 2/7/14 and must be used on the Silhouette Cameo Bundle.
Happy Card Making!!