i know i have been horrible at blogging... it's been quite a while! yikes! it's definitely summer - that time of year when we are just busy and out of our normal routines, etc. etc.! crazy times, but fun!
here's what we have been up to:
* i am scheduled to have my baby on the 11th! yeah - two weeks exactly from today! i will have another c-section (had to have one with nathan) so that is why i get the luxury of having an exact scheduled date! it is definitely a longer recovery but i have to say that it is nice to know when i am having her - especially since i am a planner!
* finished up the nursery so we are all ready to go - just need her to get here now!! (i promise to take photos soon! i know i keep saying that... but i really will!!)
* went to utah for my sister's wedding. we were scheduled to stay a week but, of course, we ended up extending and stayed for 10 days. (do we ever not extend our vacations? i guess it's just one of those things that i should expect from now on!) we had a great time! it was hot up there but not as hot as arizona so it was actually a nice break for me from this extreme heat! my swelling went down a little while we were there - i actually had ankles for a couple of the days - how exciting! :)
my sister looked gorgeous and her wedding was wonderful! they had it in my parents' backyard and everything turned out perfectly - it was such a nice day and all the flowers were beautiful! my boys looked so cute in their little tuxes! my brother has two little boys also and so the 5 of them were the stars of the wedding! they just looked adorable in their tuxes and they were out on the dance floor the whole time dancing away! it was great!
the whole trip was jam packed with activities - trying to see everyone and do everything! it gets crazy sometimes trying to fit it all in!!
- we went boating a couple of times with brian's parents and some of his family. the boys absolutely love going out on the lake - they could be out there all day long! they never get tired of it!
- we went to the zoo one day with my sister and her new husband.
- my friends from my old neighborhood threw me a baby shower while i was there! it was so sweet of them and i got so many fun things for the baby! it was great to see all of them and catch up!
- one night brian and i went to the roof restaurant with some good friends of ours. it is our favorite place to eat in utah - great food and it was also great to see and talk with our friends. lot of laughs and reminiscing about old times!
- did lots of hanging out with family - trying to see everyone and spend time with all of them.
* the boys are in swim lessons this week so we have been at the pool every day. it really is the only activity that you can do here right now since it is so hot! they are doing well and loving it!
* i am crazy busy with scrapbooking projects - trying to get everything done before i have this baby! it is a lot of fun though and i am making good progress - should get everything done in plenty of time! i have to say that mm has done it again - they are coming out with some amazing new products! i can't wait for you all to see!!
well, that's about it. how was that for an update - in a nutshell?? i have to run so we are not late for swim lessons but i am determined to be better at updating so don't give up on me just yet! :)
here are a few photos from the wedding - haven't even had time to go through all of them yet but i loved these of the boys in their tuxes.