Well, I have officially been neglecting my blog the last couple of weeks. The time just flies by and days turn into weeks - it's crazy. Here's what I have been up to:
- Got back from vacation Monday night. We had a blast! The whole Notre Dame experience was so much fun and Brian was absolutely in Heaven!! He bought the Notre Dame fight song on CD and think I have heard it a bazillion times now! It's so bad - I wake up in the mornings singing it and I can't get it out of my head!! We didn't really get to experience Chicago. We were only there for 1/2 a day and it was raining and very cold. We spent the time at the mall - indoors. I was really bummed that I didn't get to see the city! I was trying to see as much as I could from the car as we were driving around and I got a few pictures from the window! I definitely want to go back there and spend some time - maybe in the spring!!
- I missed my little sweeties but it was a good break! I got thrown right back into motherhood the second we got home - diapers, laundry, messes, sleepless nights, etc. etc. Nathan was sleeping through the night about a month ago but then he started to wake up again around 3am for a bottle. I decided to just let him cry it out last night and the night before because he is old enough that he doesn't need that middle-of-the-night feeding anymore. I moved him into his crib and he did really well! He woke up both nights around 3 or 4am. He cried for a little bit, but he went back to sleep and then slept until 7am! So, I think that within a few days he won't even wake up anymore. He is getting so big - definitely not a newborn anymore! He is our little "chubba bubba" - so chunky and so cute!
- The Halloween festivities started yesterday for us. The company that my parents work for has a big Halloween party for the kids each year. They wore their adorable costumes and had so much fun. Tyler is a black shadow ranger and Matthew is the red power ranger. Nathan is a green and purple dinosaur - so cute!! They went trick-or-treating around to all of the offices where people were handing out candy. A lot of people were giving chocolate, which we can't have because of the milk, so Matthew would hand the candy back and say "I can't have that - It's Twokolate." And then Tyler would take one and say "This is for my dad - I can't have it." It was cute! The people were a little confused I am sure - they have probably never seen kids refuse candy before!!
- Before I went out of town I got together with Loni Stevens and Jessi Stringham. We met at a local scrapbook store for some shopping and then we picked up some dinner and came to my house. I put the kids in bed and we ate and talked and laughed all night. Those girls are so much fun - I just love them!! Jessi was so kind to give Loni and I a much needed photography lesson. Jessi's work is amazing and we were hoping to gain some insight on how to improve our photos. I tell you - it is so complicated! I think we learned some things but we were definitely confused!! Thanks Jessi for trying to help us!! I just need to keep practicing! There is so much to learn!! Thanks Loni for making me laugh - you are so fun!! I am grateful that scrapbooking has caused me to make awesome friends like these girls that I wouldn't have met otherwise!!
- I have been swamped with scrapbooking assignments since we got back! I have been so busy but it is good, fun work that I love!! I just love experimenting and trying new things - coming up with something different and fun that I love and am proud of! I am excited about things to come and can't wait to share all of it with everyone!! The fashion file challenges got put on hold for a bit - I have just been so busy with my other deadlines that I haven't gotten to it this week. I picked a really fun inspiration piece and I can't wait to create my layout. I am hoping to work on it tomorrow!!
Well, that is it for now! I will post some pictures in the next couple of days! I have been taking so many and I want to share!! Have a great weekend!