My sweet friend, Robyn, tagged me so now I must post 5 random things about myself... She actually tagged me a couple of days ago but I have been busy and trying to think of what to write - well, here goes -
1. I am an avid shoe collector - I could buy a new pair of shoes every time I go to the mall. I actually have many pairs of shoes in my closet that I have not even worn yet. My boys also have way too many shoes! I have bins and bins of shoes for little boys!! I am afraid of what will happen if/when I have a little girl! I will see little girl shoes right now and I try to think of someone I could buy them for so that I canget them!!
2. My all-time favorite t.v. show is the Amazing Race! I absolutely love it - love to see all of the cool places they get to go and all the crazy things they have to do. If I didn't have a husband and kids I would totally apply to be on the show!! I sooooo wish that I could do it. My sister-in-law, Sunny, and I always talk about how we would make the best team.... we would totally win!!!
3. I actually like to iron clothes - it's not so much the ironing but the finished product that I love. I hate wrinkled clothes and I love to see a closet full of crisply ironed clothes! I don't like to iron every day but I like to iron a bunch of clothes at once - love the satisfaction of putting them all away - so neat and sharp-looking.
4. I have Celiac Disease, which means that I am gluten intolerant. I am also allergic to dairy products. Everyone says that it must be hard but I have adjusted and it is not bad. I used to be so sick all the time; my quality of life is so much better now. The latest study says that 1 in 133 people have Celiac Disease and that scientists are calling it the most common genetic condition of all humankind - crazy!!
5. I take piano lessons. I always wanted to learn to play the piano so when I was in college I decided to go buy a piano and start lessons. My parents thought I was a little crazy but it has been fun. I have been taking lessons ever since with a few breaks when I have had my kids. I am no expert and sometimes the progress is slower than I would like because I don't have a ton of time to practice. I just love piano music soooo much and I think that music can touch you in a way that nothing else can. So, I am trying to learn and someday I hope to be amazingly good!!!